In business, the marketing “game plan” is always one of the critical keys to long-term success. When developing your game plan and marketing strategy for Facebook , don’t overlook these 5 important steps:
1.) When setting up a business page on Facebook, it is important to have a clear mission and vision. A lot of brands’ success stories came from these two objectives. These two points must explain the purpose of the company and why it exists.
In starting Apple, Steve Jobs was motivated by supporting people’s creativity, not by selling computers. Before becoming the largest florist shop, Jim McCann’s 1-800-Flowers.com was motivated to help people express their feelings to others.
Therefore, before planning to do some social media marketing,you should:
- Know exactly the type of business you will engage in, and
- You should fulfill other people’s desires and solve their problems.
2.) Follow the six C’s of Facebook. In order to come up with a successful marketing campaign, keep these 6 C’s in mind:
- Content: post stories that will gain trust, be informative and generate lots of shares, likes and comments. In short, you content should be interesting and have value.
- Clarity: clearly show what your business page is all about and what it has to offer. Update the “About” section of the page and add taglines on the cover photo if necessary.
- Campaign: maximize the use of Facebook’s promotional tools in order to support a particular campaign.
- Connection: build and grow the page’s network.
- Culture: make the business page as an extension of the company’s culture, mission or vision that defines your brand.
- Conversion: convert fans and followers into a network of paying customers.
3.) Post shareable contents. Consider these basic rules on creating shareable contents:
- Make it short. (content pieces with 80 characters or less will gain more shares)
- Vary the content types by using photos, videos, audios and links.
- Reply to people who shared the content by liking their shares.
- Interact by asking questions
- Visit other pages to better understand what people like
- Determine when is the best time of the day and week to interact with the fans.
4.) Consider experimenting and testing then, track the results. It is important to learn what Facebook marketing strategy is working and what’s not. Try changing the post frequency, content type and time zones.
5.) Learn from the success of other Facebook fan pages. Oreo, Disney, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Skittles are some of the popular consumer brands that are doing well in this social media platform. Monitor their Facebook pages and view other fan pages in order to see what particular types of content could gain significant amount of shares. Examine everything on their business pages starting from updates to the types of promotional campaigns used.
To become good at Facebook marketing, it takes time and patience. By following the above-mentioned steps and seeking the help of people who are knowledgeable in this field, success will be on its way!