As the owner of a small business, it is extremely important to keep in touch with your clients. Email marketing is a great way to maintain a good relation with your customers and to build your business. Consider the following tips for successful email marketing:
1. KEEP A VERY DETAILED AND SEGMENTED LIST: Maintaining a proper list of all the email addresses is extremely important for your business. Email addresses can be key to the success of your business, losing them is the last thing you will want. If you are just starting out and new to email marketing, then it is advisable to maintain an Excel sheet. Also make some categories in the lists. Different kinds of customers may require different kind of emails. If you have some customers who have signed up for a free trail on any of your products, then they will need different messaging from the ones who have already purchased something from you.
2. WRITE A CONCISE AND ENGAGING CONTENT: After you have sorted out your email lists, the next step is to write an informative and engaging content. In the email, don’t use works like ” free”, it may end up in the spam folder. Also try to keep the email short but informative. No one has the time to go through a long email. A nice subject is also important. Maximum people open the email only if they find the subject line interesting.
3. SEND EMAILS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK: As per studies, it has been found that email open rates are very high in Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It is the maximum at Wednesday. Don’t send them on weekends. Very few people check their emails at Saturdays or Sundays. Also it has been found that email open rates are maximum during the afternoon from 2 to 5. As the day progresses, emails gets pushed towards the bottom of the inbox.
4. REMEMBER TO KEEP THE ” UNSUBSCRIBE” BUTTON: Make sure that you send emails that are ” CAN-SPAM” compliant. Before sending email to anyone, it is important that you take proper permission from them. Also, it is essential that you give them the option to unsubscribe. If you fail to keep the ” Unsubscribe” option, it can lead to your account getting suspended. However, it also gives you the option to figure out what’s wrong with your emails. If one email has a cancellation rate of 2% and another 15%, then there must be something very annoying about the second one. Also, make sure that the content you are sending is completely correct and there is no misleading information. It is not only good for your business, but is also essential as per law.
5. MAKE SURE YOUR EMAILS LOOK GOOD ON MOBILE PHONES: Nowadays, maximum people use their mobile phones for reading emails. Hence make sure that your your text is large enough and the graphics also appear properly in the mobile devices. Always remember that there are thousands of other things which are competing to grab the attention of your potential customers. Your job is to make sure that they open the email and read properly what’s inside. Sending a mobile-friendly email is a good way to start.