When you’re looking for a local business that sells those new golf clubs you’ve been looking for, makes the best pizza in your town or is the top-rated mechanic for your classic sports car — how do you find it?
If you’re like most people, you pull up your favorite search engine for a little online research, of course – and chances are that search engine is Google.
Well…your customers and prospects are no different. When they’re looking for a product or service similar to what your local business sells, they’re going online to find it.
Did you know that 50% of consumers who do a local search on their mobile device and 34% of tablet/desktop users visit the local business within one day of their original search?
A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your website or brick and mortar store. Check out the local SEO statistics below from to learn more about consumer trends.
- 97% of consumers use the internet to search for local products and services
- More than 50% of all Internet searches have “local intent” (i.e. Divorce Lawyer Chicago vs. Divorce lawyer)
- 33% of clicks from organic search results go to the #1 listing on google
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the top 3 organic search results
- 91% of searchers never go past the first page of the results
- 71.33% of searches resulted in a page 1 Google organic click
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate
- Marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13X more likely to see positive ROI
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing
- YouTube has become the 2nd Largest Search Engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask & AOL combined
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results
- 61% of mobile searches result in a purchase
- Search is the #1 driver of targeted traffic to content websites, beating social media by more than 300%
- 39% of new customers leads come from search engines
- Google owns more than 80% of the search engine market share
- 93% of online sessions begin with a search engine
- 44% of online shopping begins by using a search engine
- 59% of consumers use Google every month to find a reputable, local business
- Inbound leads are, on average, 61% cheaper than outbound leads
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing only on the organic results
- 50% of all web traffic is now mobile
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action such as a phone call, email or store visit – 70% of them lead to action within one hour
- 50% of consumers using a smartphone visit a location within one day of their local search; for computers and tablets, that number is a significantly lower at 34%